Jessica Burke has been working as a full time professor and artist for over 10 years now. In addition to teaching, she exhibits her artwork both nationally and internationally. Jessica tells her story about the art she creates, her struggle staying with style of artwork she chose for her path, the importance of believing in yourself and exhibiting your artwork.
- If your doubting your art focus, find a positive mentor that can help you through the rough times and put you back in focus on your artwork.
- Use Google Alerts to set up “calls for exhibitions” to help find places that are looking for art submissions to show in an exhibition.
- Engage your audience with social media and post the process of your artwork to share your journey to completion of your finished product.
- Don’t give up. Believe in yourself, your pursuit of your art and keep making art.
- Figure out what you do well and do THAT to the best of your ability.
You can contact Jessica Burke at the following places:
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST:
Looking forward to working with you!
Latest posts by samanthameeker (see all)
- 28 – From wildlife controller to wildlife painter – Dana Newman – Artist Interview - November 17, 2016
- 27 – Art festivals, commercial art and owning a new gallery – Ashley Benton – Artist Interview - November 10, 2016
- 26 – Returning to your art after a long break – Kimberly Beck Artist Interview - November 3, 2016