Like many working artists, Ashley Benton has many irons in the fire. She shows in galleries, art festivals, runs her own new gallery and sells her art commercially. As artists, we need to be flexible and have multiple streams of income. Listen to Ashley’s story and tips she gives on her journey on staying true to her work and making it as a working artist.
- Keep doing what is true to you.
- Thicken up your skin for rejection to art festivals but know that you will be accepted to some and that’s what matters.
- Resist the temptation to imitate mainstream art. Make art that is what you love to create and you won’t go wrong.
**Ashley is also seeking artists to represent in her new gallery. Please reach out to her through her Contact form on her website for submission information.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST:
Looking forward to working with you!
Latest posts by samanthameeker (see all)
- 28 – From wildlife controller to wildlife painter – Dana Newman – Artist Interview - November 17, 2016
- 27 – Art festivals, commercial art and owning a new gallery – Ashley Benton – Artist Interview - November 10, 2016
- 26 – Returning to your art after a long break – Kimberly Beck Artist Interview - November 3, 2016